Home Forums GENERAL Eye diagram

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Vamsi mohan
      Participant

Generally we get eye diagrams like the one shown in attached file eyediagram.
      In some articles, eye diagrams are shown like the attached file eyediagram1.
      Which settings are to be modified to get the above eye diagram?

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Vamsi,
      Typically, when no noise in the system and all used devices are ideal, there will be a clean eye with no amplitude or jitter present in the eye. However, depending on the noise sources in the transmission system starting from the laser, the modulator, channel characteristics, and detector, there will be noise on the one and zero levels (amplitude noise) and jitter that distorts the eye and may close it.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Vamsi,
      Typically, when no noise in the system and all used devices are ideal, there will be a clean eye with no amplitude or jitter present in the eye. However, depending on the noise sources in the transmission system starting from the laser, the modulator, channel characteristics, and detector, there will be noise on the one and zero levels (amplitude noise) and jitter that distorts the eye and may close it.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Vamsi mohan
      Participant

Sir, thanks for that reply. my previous attachment is not properly uploaded. I uploaded it now. How to get this type of eye diagram?
      Any modifications in settings ?

Vamsi mohan
      Participant

Sir, thanks for that reply. my previous attachment is not properly uploaded. I uploaded it now. How to get this type of eye diagram?
      Any modifications in settings ?

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Vamsi,
      this is relatively a clean eye. You need to check the parameters of your setup to get similar eyes. Please check the example (Lesson 4 Parameter Sweeps – BER x Input power.osd) in OptiSystem Example Library as it demonstrates the effect of the system parameters on the measured eye diagram. The example is located at the following link.
      C:UsersUSER NAMEDocumentsOptiSystem 19.0 SamplesIntroductory tutorials
      regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Vamsi,
      this is relatively a clean eye. You need to check the parameters of your setup to get similar eyes. Please check the example (Lesson 4 Parameter Sweeps – BER x Input power.osd) in OptiSystem Example Library as it demonstrates the effect of the system parameters on the measured eye diagram. The example is located at the following link.
      C:UsersUSER NAMEDocumentsOptiSystem 19.0 SamplesIntroductory tutorials
      regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.