Home Forums GENERAL export file to older version of Optiwave

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      giusy samone
      Participant

Hello,
      I have designed the geometry of my system in Optiwave 16 trial.
      I would like to open it in OptiFDTD 32, is there a way to read the file written in a newer release using this older FDTD 32.
      Thank you
      giusy

Scott Newman

OptiFDTD, as with many products is unable to offer “forwards compatibility” as in older versions being able to open design files from newer ones. There are updates to the products that propagate to the design files that just did not exist when the older versions were available. one option you would have would be to generate a layout script for your design and use that script within the older product. You will still need to create your materials and profiles but most of the structures should be supported by the older product.

When in the scripting tab you are looking for the icon circled in red in the attached image.

Scott

Scott Newman

OptiFDTD, as with many products is unable to offer “forwards compatibility” as in older versions being able to open design files from newer ones. There are updates to the products that propagate to the design files that just did not exist when the older versions were available. one option you would have would be to generate a layout script for your design and use that script within the older product. You will still need to create your materials and profiles but most of the structures should be supported by the older product.

When in the scripting tab you are looking for the icon circled in red in the attached image.

Scott

giusy samone
      Participant

I will try to generate the script and make it available for the older version.
      Thank you
      giusy

giusy samone
      Participant

I will try to generate the script and make it available for the older version.
      Thank you
      giusy

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.