Home Forums SYSTEM Error While Calculation

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Dymas Lawula
      Participant

Hello All
      I am using Optisystem 7
      I was Design of GPON Network
      When I do a calculation, it always fails and there is a notification error
      the picture and file .OSD I attached
      Please Help 🙂

Atul Sharma
      Participant

Hello Dymas. Greetings.

I think you are using way too older version. I suggest you to try and update your tool to either version 13 or 14 which is available for 30 day evaluation period. may be it will help and i am sure your problem is related to the version up gradation thing only. I hope this will be helpful to you.

With regards
      Atul Sharma

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hello Dymas,

I agree with Atul Sharma.. Its a very valid suggestion..

Regards
      Sahil Singh

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Thank you sahil Singh for your appreciation but lets see if his design works properly on the updated versions too. That would be rather helpful.

With Regards
        Atul Sharma

Dymas Lawula
          Participant

Thanks For Answer, 🙂
          and that is helpful for me

I will try to using v14.
          I has been to try v13 but that is same
          When I do a calculation, it always fails and there is a notification error.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hello Dymas Lawula,
      I also faced the same kind of problem a long time before, So i would suggest you to look for the component where optisystem stops responding and check for the signal types and other parameters. If it is happening for all kind of design in your system then I would advice you to try reinstalling the software this should definitely solve your problem. and try using some newer versions of optisystem as they come with the bugs fixed.

Regards,
      Dhiman

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello dhiman. Greetings.
        I strongly believe his problem has more to do with the software version he is using. He should be fine using the newer versions and you are right its probably due to the bugs in older version. I suggest him using the newer version it will definitely solve his problem.

With regards
        Atul Sharma

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
          Participant

Hi Atul, I agree with you that he should update his system to Optisystem 13 or 14. I suggested him to reinstall or restart computer because Previously I faced the same problem with Optisystem V13. This is also a probable solution.

regards,
          Dhiman

Remo De Suza
      Participant

Hello Dymas.
      I believe the suggestions provided to you by Atul Sharma and Dhiman kakati are worth noting down.The problem could be because of the older software version. Try using the latest version v14 for your design. That may help you to resolve your issue.
      Thanks and regards
      Remo de’Suza

Ankita Sharma
      Participant

Hi Dymas,

Well I feel this problem might be due to the use of the older version of the software… As suggested by other forum members I also suggest you to update to optisystem 13 or 14.. I feel this might help you..

Regards
      Ankita Sharma

Remo De Suza
        Participant

Hi Ankita Sharma.
        I too agree with them . The problem is with the older version that dymas is using. I think all have common point that he should update his software tool. That may be helpful for him.

With Regards
        Remo De’Suza

Hello Dymus Lawula

Well the screenshot of the error clearly shows that there is problem with the software itself.. Have you designed it in the same version of optisystem or you have downloaded the .osd file and you are trying to open it in this version.. If you have downloaded it then you need to upgrade to latest version and there is surely a difference between newer and older versions.. But if you have designed it in the same version 7 then either your license has expired or some problem with software is present..

Regards

Burhan

Remo De Suza
        Participant

Hello Burhan Num Mina.
        Thank you for making it more clearer to Dymas about his problem. I think upgradation of software and then redesigning should work for him. He is using very older version that is version 7 of optisystem and that is where the probability of existing problem is higher. I hope his problem gets solves as earliest as possible. Thank you for your anticipation.

With Regards
        Remo De’Ssuza

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hello Dymus Lawula

Well i agree with Burhan’s view here as the screenshot of the error clearly shows that there is problem with the software ..Burhan has also made a very important point here that whether you are simulating your design in the same version of the optisystem or you have downloaded the .osd file and you are trying to open it in this version.. If you have downloaded it then you need to upgrade to latest version and there is surely a difference between newer and older versions.. But if you have designed it in the same version 7 then either your license has expired or some problem with software is present..

Regards

Sahil Singh

Hello sahil singh and Remo

Thanks for appreciating my point of view regarding this problem.. I believe it is the software issue.. I more precisely believe he should upgrade the software to latest version or should download the evaluation of optisystem 14 to get the confusion cleared in order to get the clear cut distinction..

Regards

Burhan

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi all,

You are welcome Burhan and i also believe that this is a software issue… I seem to agree with the point of view of Remo De Suza that you must redesign your system in newer version of the optisystem… It is quite possible that there might be problem with forward compatibility of some of the components you may have used in your design… Hope your query gets resolved

Regards
      Sahil Singh

Remo De Suza
      Participant

Hi Dymas.
      You are welcome. It is my pleasure to share and discuss things. I hope your problem gets solved as earliest as possible. I will also want you to redesign your system in newer version too. May be there is problem with forward compatibility of some of the components you may have used in your design. I would be better if you try to redesign the whole thing. I hope that will help you in resolving your existing problem.

With Regards
      Remo De’Suza

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.