Home Forums SYSTEM Error in optical delay

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      mai fouad
      Participant

I want to add a delay for optical fiber signal (as i need to model DGD between parallel fibers of multicore fiber), but there is no output signal after using optical delay?

Damian Marek
      Participant

The optical delay component is for bidirectional and loop simulations, you can search the forum for what that means. YOu are probably interested in the Time Delay or Phase Shift component found in the Passives Library/Optical

Taiwo Ambali Abiola
      Participant

Thanks Damian for your clarifications. Fouad, Have you tried to remove the delay and observed that the problem is actually being introduced by delay?. If what you are trying to achieve is Time delay. Select time delay module and set you appropriate time. The same with phase shift.

You can check the following posts for more

Calculating Delay of Optical Devices [Optical System]

OVDL

and many more. Hope this is helpful?

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Mai,

Unfortunately, I can not open your file… Most likely, you have either index or geometrical structure mismatch in your design. Can you let me know what component do you use as a delay for your scheme?

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hello Mai,
      Please elaborate what basically the problem you are having.if you looking fotr time dalays and how to set time.you can go through the links attached by Taiwo.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.