Home Forums SYSTEM Error "Could not obtain license"

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Kübra Kayır
      Participant

hi everybody
      I installed optisystem 13v 32 bite.But it gave error. “could not obtain license terminating application.” I did not understand why? please help me

Bryan Tipper
      Participant

Kubra,

I’ll ask our IT Support to contact you once they get into the office. My initial guess would be that you tried to install without Admin privileges – is this the case?

Note: We also received your email with the screenshots – thanks!

Best Regards,
      Bryan

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Kubra Hi!
      This error message comes, if anyone previously evaluated OptiSystem and re-installed again it to run on the system.
      Is this the case?

Kübra Kayır
      Participant

thank guys
      Problem is interested my computer.I solved it.

alistu
      Participant

Hi everyone
      the error mentioned has happened to me in the case Mr Sethi mentioned. But now I see the reason was something else and the problem is overcome.
      So is it possible that the error ” failed to load document from storage” has any other reason than using an older version of Optisystem to open a file that has been created or edited by a newer one? Like the software not being installed properly or possible damages to the .osd files.

Alessandro Festa
        Participant

I also had that problem in the past, it was solved quickly by Optiwave IT support by sending me a patch for my license.

alistu
          Participant

Hi Alessandro,
          Was the problem you had because of trying to open an osd file with an older version of Optisystem? Thanks.

Alessandro Festa
          Participant

No the problem happened with all the files, it was fixed by sending me a setup .exe file which was made exactly for my license number. This happened with v12 and Win7 if I remember well.

Ravil
        Participant

Hi alistu,

I have the problem you mentioned (” failed to load document from storage”) before. At that time I was using a “fresh” version of OptiSystem software. The reason in my case was that the amount of data and the schematic I have added and tried to save, was large. For some reason it became 3 times of the original file. I am pretty sure that the same error came up in that case. As you may guess, my solution was to download the file again.

alistu
      Participant

Hi Bryan,

I am using the trial version of Optisystem 13.3 and even though I still have three days left, I get this message when I want to open the program:
      “Could not obtain license. Terminating application.”
      I have attached a screenshot of the error. What should I do? Thanks.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.