Home Forums BPM Error: Can't Calculate the Modal Input Field

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Paul Hill
      Participant

I am modelling a buried cuboid waveguide. I had been trying different dimensions and then Calculating Modes, I did several iterations all for 1.55micrometer wavelength. Then I wanted to go through all the dimensions I had did already but with a script to run through several different wavelengths.

The script was copied and pasted from Lesson 5 and has no errors. The model is a 3D cuboid surrounded by cladding and before I had just been calculating the modes from the Input Plane but with the script employed I went to Calculate 3D Isotropic Simulation and made sure the Input Field was set up in there and then Simulate Using Script.

It is at this point I receive the error “Can’t Calculate the Modal Input Field”.”. I believe this may be because I don’t want to run this isotropic simulation at all and that it requires the mode solutions that I actually want to calculate. If so do you know of any way to calculate the modes for several different wavelengths without doing it all manually. Any help is much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Paul

Damian Marek
      Participant

You only copied the script? Or also the project file? If not please attach the OptiMode project file or OptiBPM and I can take a look.

Cheers

Paul Hill
      Participant

No not the project just the script for changing the wavelength, but I am fairly sure now that I receive the error in the first place because the simulation requires the modes to be able to run.

So I guess I should start a new thread saying I want to calculate mode solutions for a range of wavelengths, for a range of geometries, and is there a way to sweep the wavelength automatically instead of changing 10 times for every geometry?

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

You can auto generate a script to sweep the wavelength in OptiMode which is a application that comes with OptiBPM.

You can locate the OptiMode User Reference Manual in your OptiBPM Installation directory and go through the tutorials on parameter sweeping and the wavelength scripting.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.