Home Forums GENERAL Error Calculating

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Muhammad Farid
      Participant

Hello everyone, I have a question to ask. I installed the evaluation version of Optiwave, unfortunately after done installing, I tried to do some simulation but it turned out to be an error which is the software was suddenly closed and a warning appear said ‘error in calculation’

Please do help me cuz I really need to use this software for my research. TQ

Attachments:

HELLO MUHAMMAD FARID..

Are you executing a sample osd file from the optissytem examples..? There error usually occurs when there is some logical error in the design.. You must be changing some parameter which you maybe doing wrong.. i suggest you to first run the osd file as it is.. and then make changes.. If the error still occurs then you can ask for help from the optiwave support.. I hope it will help.
      Thanks & regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hello Muhammad Farid,
      this kind of errors happen when the system parameters not adjusted properly.

Binary output should be connected to binary input,
      Electrical output should be connected to electrical input,
      and Optical output should be connected to Optical input,

I want to add that if you are using fork you can connect in cross of the above three type of signals. i.e. using fork you can do so as a fork accepts all kind (the above mentioned 3 types of signals). But in terms of cross signal connection while execution it will definitely show error as you have not properly connected. Think it logically about the signals and the connections.
      For knowing the signal type just do double click at the input/ output port and you will see the type of the signal.

Regards,
      Dhiman

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi,
      I agree to Dhiman Kakati ‘s points which he tries to explain.
      He said that proper connection should be made to get the results.
      In addition to this we sholud also check that Data rate of PBRS should not be greater than data rate which we defined in layout parameters.
      We should also check the bandwidth of signals and filters and frequency of different channels.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

Hi Ranjeet Kumar,
        Thank you so much for providing some more important points that will help us to make our design far better, you have mentioned one most important point that “check that Data rate of PBRS should not be greater than data rate which we defined in layout parameters” this will give a better result though it does not give an error while execution of the design.

Regards,
        Dhiman

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi muhammad farid,

there always some logical error in such case where this dialog box appears resulting in termination of simulation..
      the logical errors may be
      low layout data rate as compared to data rate of transmitter
      improper connections..binary , elecrtical,optical signals must be conects to there respective terminals and proper components

with regards

Atul Sharma
      Participant

Hello Muhammad. Greetings.

I have also come across such error messages a lot times and i believe it has to be related to some logical error. Dhiman & co has correctly put that Binary output should be connected to binary input, Electrical output should be connected to electrical input and Optical output should be connected to Optical input. You might be doing something wrong with the connections i guess so because it happened to me as well.

Regards
      Atul Sharma

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

hi muhammad farid,

The dialog box that appears on the screen may be due to some logical error as correctly pointed out by Aasif… Hope this helps..

Regards

Sahil Singh

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.