Home Forums SYSTEM Er-doped FIBER LASER with SBS

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      chen wei

Hi,I use the example model named “Ring Laser”,and I want to find out how the Er-doped fiber’s SBS affects the laser’s output power.So I change the Erbium Dope Fiber properties, in the Nonlinear Tab, Brillouin scattering, Include Brillouin scattering option, I choose yes.But,the simulation won’t stop.It’s stuck at computing the Intensity overlap integral, I don’t know how to do.Please help me.Thank you.

Ahmad Atieh

Hello Chen,
      we’ve checked the code. Everything is fine. The issue of slow calculation with the SBS feature is due to creating many additional pump wavelengths that are used through the overlap integral. We couldn’t run this feature for long time to get the final result. However, we’ve stepped inside the calculation and there was no issue. We are going to allow this calculation through parallel processing in the future.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Hello Chen,
      we’ve checked the code. Everything is fine. The issue of slow calculation with the SBS feature is due to creating many additional pump wavelengths that are used through the overlap integral. We couldn’t run this feature for long time to get the final result. However, we’ve stepped inside the calculation and there was no issue. We are going to allow this calculation through parallel processing in the future.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.