Home Forums SYSTEM EPON with SOA

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Michal Tkacik
      Participant

Hello,
      I simulate EPON with Traveling Wave SOA, situated in upstream direction. When signal cross the amplifier, the power is amplified but the impulses are too narrow. It follows that, if I want to calculate the project, there is always Warning Message: Warning while calculating, component Photodetector APD. Could you help me with this problem? My knowledges of OptiSystem aren’t excellent. Thank You, Michal Tkáčik

Damian Marek
      Participant

Could you please re-upload the file and compress it as a .zip? It will help us out with answering your question. Thanks!

Michal Tkacik
      Participant

I’m sorry. Here it is.

Attachments:
      Michal Tkacik
      Participant

Could you help me with it? Please. I don’t find out a solution of this. Thank you

metin çelik
      Participant

Hello. An error occurs in the simulation of this sample. Can you please do the simulation and share the output here?

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

The issue here is with the use of the Delay component and the settings of the Travelling Wave SOA component. The settings for the SOA were not giving any output, so you will want to make sure that they are correct. Open up the component properties, by double clicking the SOA, and then click on the Help button for more detailed information.

The Delay component is generally used on one of the inputs of a bidirectional component to allow a backwards propagating signal to reach it on a subsequent iteration. For more information on how the Delay component and iterations parameter work take a look at this forum post:

Bidirectional Components [Optical System]

To fix your project file the Delay component between the Travelling Wave SOA and Photodetector APD was removed. The Travelling Wave SOA was removed and replaced with an Optical Amplifier. The number of iterations was also increased from 3 to 9, to allow the system to converge.

Hope this helps!

Attachments:
      +3
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.