Home Forums BPM Electrode design for SoI rib waveguide

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mubarak Ali
      Participant

Hi experts..

I have created and tested the SoI rib waveguide and now I need to include the electrodes to control the waveguide. How to design electrodes for rib waveguide. In technical papers, it is mentioned that we need to add p+ and n+ doping regions of type Silicon in the slab silicon.

My doubts are:
      1. How to generate these p+ and n+ regions? How to include the doping concentrations in these regions?
      2. How to incorporate these doped regions in the SoI rib waveguide to electronically control the waveguide?

Your reply may be helpful for my work.

Thanks in advance..

Steve Dods
      Participant

Optiwave OptiBPM and OptiFDTD do not have semiconductor models, as is needed for analysis of PN junctions. These softwares are implementations of the BP method and FDTD method respectively. These methods are for modelling of optics only. OptiBPM, on the other hand, does have a feature that allows the definition of electric conductors of arbitrary shape. It will calculate the static electric field if potential is applied to the electrodes. It will calculate the modified optical field from the EO effect. The details are in OptiBPM_Tech_Background_and_Tutorials.pdf, Lesson 10: Electro-Optic Modulator.

Mubarak Ali
      Participant

Thank you Steve Dods…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.