Home Forums SYSTEM Electrical Interleaver

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Hi all,
      Is there any Electrical Component available in optisystem? I couldnot find any. Please do inform me.
      If there is no such component, can it be implemented using the available electrical components? Or is there any system already designed in the examples of Optisystem.
      Thank you.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Dear Gokul,
      I think There is no interleaver in the electrical domain in optisystem V13, If you can manage to do it optical domain, then there is a component called WDM interleaver Demux.

Regards,
      Dhiman

Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Hi Dhiman, WDM interleaver DeMUX is optical domain component. So it cannot be used for electrical signals. I wanted to know if there is any system already in optisystem.

alistu
        Participant

Hi Gokul,

Please see if you can use electrical combiner as interleaver MUX. For interleaver DEMUX, I am thinking of using fork along with filters at the fork outputs (Fork does not divide signal power the way electrical splitter does, so its performance in combination with electrical filter is more like DEMUX) and then using combiners again, only if the umber of channels is not too large.

Regards

Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Thanks Alistu, I will try to see if the idea you shared helps me or not

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome Gokul. I really hope the idea will help you with your work if the number of channels is small enough so that it is feasible to implement the structure I have suggested for DEMUX, even though implementation of it may take quite some time (number was misspelled in my previous comment).

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.