Home Forums SYSTEM EDWA – problem with .rid files

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Krzysztof Anders
      Participant

Hi,

I am trying to model Erbium doped waveguide amplifier (EDWA) using real ridge waveguide structures and I ran into the problem of defining the refractive index distribution in OPTISYSTEM. According to the tutorial, I should import the Refractive Index Distribution File (index.rid), which in the tutorial “was defined using OptiBPM 6.0”. I did not find such an option in the latest 30-day OptiBPM version, but there is an export option in OptiFDTD (also 30-day version). I was able to define the shape of my structure (see picture attached…), but the exported files don’t seem to be correct (two columns of numbers, in one the n value for the ground in the other 0 running through the whole file) … so I do something not so…
      And here are my two (actually three …) questions:
      1) how to work properly to get the correct .rid file in OptiFDTD
      2) how such a sample file should look like – is there a chance to “write” such a file by hand, without using the evaluation version of the OptiFDTD software (which works only 30 days, and I care about modeling also in the Optisystem software that we have … .)?
      3) the next file to be imported in Optisystem is “Er ion density distrubution” – but there is no information in the tutorial (or in Help) about how such a file should look and what software should be used to define it…

I will be grateful for some tips on how to solve this problems…

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Anders,
      Could you please email me at ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com and let me know the version of OptiSystem that you use? Are you able to share your files to debug them?
      regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Anders,
      Could you please email me at ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com and let me know the version of OptiSystem that you use? Are you able to share your files to debug them?
      regards,
      Ahmad

Krzysztof Anders
      Participant

I’m using Optisystem 14, however, the same issue is in Optisystem 19 (evaluation ver.). I’m using a “Er Yb Waveguide.osd” file from the examples,
      Luckily I found in one of the tutorials how to build .rid file for waveguide refractive index (see attached), but I still cannot find how to define Erbium (or Ytterbium) ion distribution…

Krzysztof Anders
      Participant

I’m using Optisystem 14, however, the same issue is in Optisystem 19 (evaluation ver.). I’m using a “Er Yb Waveguide.osd” file from the examples,
      Luckily I found in one of the tutorials how to build .rid file for waveguide refractive index (see attached), but I still cannot find how to define Erbium (or Ytterbium) ion distribution…

Krzysztof Anders
      Participant

Optisystem project and .rid file in .zip attachment

Krzysztof Anders
      Participant

Optisystem project and .rid file in .zip attachment

Ahmad Atieh

Thanks for the files.
      Let me check them and get back to you. The data of these files in the ERYB WG component are hard coded inside OptiSystem.
      Could you please let me know the license no for the version that you have? please email it to ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com
      Typically, you need to have valid maintenance and support license to get support. However, we’ll provide the datafiles soon.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Thanks for the files.
      Let me check them and get back to you. The data of these files in the ERYB WG component are hard coded inside OptiSystem.
      Could you please let me know the license no for the version that you have? please email it to ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com
      Typically, you need to have valid maintenance and support license to get support. However, we’ll provide the datafiles soon.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.