Home Forums SYSTEM EDWA – problem with .rid files in OPTISYSTEM

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Krzysztof Anders
      Participant

Hi,

I am trying to model Erbium doped waveguide amplifier (EDWA) using real ridge waveguide structures and I ran into the problem of defining the refractive index distribution in OPTISYSTEM. According to the tutorial, I should import the Refractive Index Distribution File (index.rid), which in the tutorial “was defined using OptiBPM 6.0”. I did not find such an option in the latest 30-day OptiBPM version, but there is an export option in OptiFDTD (also 30-day version). I was able to define the shape of my structure (see picture attached…), but the exported files don’t seem to be correct (two columns of numbers, in one the n value for the ground in the other 0 running through the whole file) … so I do something not so…
      And here are my two (actually three …) questions:
      1) how to work properly to get the correct .rid file in OptiFDTD
      2) how such a sample file should look like – is there a chance to “write” such a file by hand, without using the evaluation version of the OptiFDTD software (which works only 30 days, and I care about modeling also in the Optisystem software that we have … .)?
      3) the next file to be imported in Optisystem is “Er ion density distrubution” – but there is no information in the tutorial (or in Help) about how such a file should look and what software should be used to define it…

I will be grateful for some tips on how to solve this problems…

Ahmad Atieh

This is duplicate post.

Ahmad Atieh

This is duplicate post.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.