Home Forums SYSTEM EDFA BASED COMMUNICATION SYSTEM

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      vignes
      Participant

GREETING COMRADE,

THIS IS VIGNESWARAN, I AM PLANNING TO WORK IN MULTIMODE BASED EDFA SYSTEM IN CASCADED TYPE FOR THAT, IN WHICH WAY I HAVE TO SELECT THE PARAMETERS IN EDFA @ MULTIMODE

Damian Marek
      Participant

OptiSystem can simulate double clad doped fibers and general doped multimode fibers, just use the Er-doped multimode fiber!

vignes
      Participant

fine and thank damian , and now i am trying to generate a few mode fibre using optifiber through which i am planning to amplify that all mode using multi mode edfa , so i kindly need some guidance from that topic or design tutorial if any, and alos attached one article related to that

thanking you

Attachments:
        Damian Marek
        Participant

There is a quick tutorial that can be found here:

Amplification of multiple modes in Er-doped multimode fibers

Basically you will just need to set the refractive index profile and the ion doping profile. For the simple first case you could just use the built in step index profile and uniform ion density distribution. For the 6 mode case, you will have to generate a file for both the refractive index and ion profile.

In the component properties box for the Er Doped Multimode Fiber, click on Help. There is an explanation of the file format there.

Cheers

vignes
      Participant

thank u damian marek,

i will simulate and work as u said and let u know that for further discussion

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.