Home Forums SYSTEM DWDM OTN

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Rafal Stefanowski
      Participant

Hello, I would like to simulate the OTN network. Can anyone help ???

alistu
      Participant

Hi Rafal,

There is an OptiSystem sample file showing the architecture of a passive optical network. the file’s name is “CWDM PON”. Of course, you need to use DWDm instead of CDWM, but this implementation demonstrates different parts of PON access network and helps you arrange your design in this way.

Regards

Rafal Stefanowski
      Participant

Hi
      You did not attach this file ???

alistu
        Participant

Sorry for the confusion. That is a file describing another issue. If you are trying to reproduce the design of an “Optical Transport Networks” from a certain paper or work, I might be able to help with the implementation if I have some some background or if you address the paper (if there is any).

Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello rafal,
      First you need to specify what kind of system you are referring to. If i am not wrong you mean Optical transparent networks by OTN?

Rafal Stefanowski
      Participant

Hi, so that’s about it.

Aabid Baba
      Participant

about what rafal? please mention if it is optical transport or optical transparent network you wish to design.
      Hi alistu. I think rafal is talking about optical transparent networks which actually is an all optical network.
      regards
      aabid

Rafal Stefanowski
      Participant

I have to design a network of OTN have indeed DWDM network designed according to the tutorial page. But how do OTN ???

Attachments:
      Rafal Stefanowski
      Participant

Hi friends, here it is exactly what to do the design of Optical Transport Network. Regards

alistu
        Participant

Hi rafal,

Optical transport network (OTN) is a term used by ITU-T to the elements used in an optical network (connected to and by fiber). The design really varies based on the schemes adopted.

BTW, TON is short for “Transport Optical Network” and OTN is short for “Optical Transport Network”.

Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Sorry i can’t open the osd file right now but would try it tomorrow in the lab.
      As far as OTN is concerned ( if OTN stands for optical transparent networks) , then you need to design whole system using all optical components. It includes cross connect switches , combiners , splitters , optical amplifiers made from fiber and etc. In simpler words , leaving apart you transmitter and receiver module , every component should process signal in optical domain only.

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Sorry rafal.
      I have no idea about OPtical TRANSPORT networks. I was mentioning all about Optical TRANSPARENT networks.

regards

Rafal Stefanowski
      Participant

Hi, I am a layman in this design you can help. ???

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Thank you alistu for clearing the confusion. It is infact OTN. thanks again

Aabid Baba
      Participant

hi rafal. Alistu would certainly help. be patient.

Rafal Stefanowski
      Participant

Hi, well, I hope, because I really have no idea how to do it.

aasif bashir dar
      Participant
      Rafal Stefanowski
      Participant

Thanks.
      regards

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.