Home Forums SYSTEM Duobinary Modulation

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Gaurav Sharma
      Participant

Hello Everyone,

I am using a duobinary pulse generator to calculate the BER and Q factor but not getting any result using BER analyzer.

Please help me.

file attached

Attachments:
      Ahmad Atieh

Hello Gaurav,

Please refer to the example (Duobinary Signal.osd) in OptiSystem example Library located at the following link for guidance and more information.
      C:\Users\USER NAME\Documents\OptiSystem 17.0 Samples\Optical transmitter design and analysis

Regards,
      Ahmad

Gaurav Sharma
      Participant

Dear Sir,

01 more query that every time when I evaluating my project, I am getting different readings of Q factor, MBER, eye height and threshold. is there any way to stabilize the reading for a particular design.

Ahmad Atieh

Hello,
      The reason for the different results every time is related to the random signals and noises generated in the system. You may disable them, then you’ll get the same result every time.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Gaurav Sharma
      Participant

Sir,
      from where I have to disable the random signals and noise in the system. Please guide me along with the steps.

Regards

Ahmad Atieh

Hello,
      you need to check each tab in the component properties popup window if it has noise tab. If it does, you may disable it.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.