Home Forums SYSTEM Dual Port WDM Analyser

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      muhammad jawad
      Participant

Dear all
      Hope you all will be fine

please refer to a simple system attached herewith to study the noise performance of SOA(i.e i want to study the ASE noise,White noise,OSNR and Noise Figure etc).
      Please let me know that both the ports of the dual WDM analyzer may be attached where in the simulation in order to measure input OSNR,output OSNR, and Noise Figure.Also specify is it better to use single port or dual port WDM analyser and what is the difference between both?
      regards

Attachments:
      Ahmad Atieh

Dear Muhammad,
      This visualizer automatically detects, calculates and displays the optical power, noise, OSNR, Gain, noise figure, frequency and wavelength for each WDM channel at the visualizer inputs.

The Dual Port WDM Analyzer (DPWDMA) estimates the signal and the noise power for each optical signal channel based on the resolution bandwidth for each input port. Click the Analysis tab to view the results (such as gain and noise figure) comparing the signal from the two input ports (see Figure 2).

More details could be found in the component data sheet.

regards,

muhammad jawad
      Participant

Thanks Sir AHMAD for your reply.
      I got it….But the results obtained by using dual port WDM and Simple WDM analyzers are different for “OSNR”.Why?
      regards
      muhammad jawad

Ahmad Atieh

send me your project layout showing the position of visualizers.

muhammad jawad
      Participant

Dear Sir Ahmad

i have checked the simulation setup and changed the positions of the visualizers.Now both the WDM visualizers showing same values.Working OK
      Regards

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.