Home Forums GENERAL DSP with WDM

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lama
      Participant

Hi … I have a question whether DSP is helping me to offset the effect of XPM, FWM in the optical system DP-QPSK and how can I do that
      lmoh21481@gmail.com

Ahmad Atieh

Hello,
      The DSP component can be used to compensate for nonlinearities as well as dispersion. There are many example in OptiSystem Example Library shows how to use the DSP component.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Lama
      Participant

Hi … Thank you … Please reference the wavelength within the fiber and the wavelength of each channel How can their values ​​be determined in the WDM system … Is the reference wavelength the same for the fiber or the channel at the DEMUX output

Ahmad Atieh

Hello Lama,
      Typically, the reference wavelength in the fiber is used to reference the fiber physical parameter specs. So, if the reference wavelength is 1550nm and you chose constant attenuation, this means that the attenuation for all wavelength is the same and it equals to 0.2dB/km at 1550 nm. Now, if the you choose the attenuation from a file, then you may have the wavelength dependent attenuation. The same applies for all other fiber specs.
      I hope this answers your question.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.