Home Forums GENERAL DRoF (Digital Radio Over Fiber)

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Al Akbar
      Participant

Dear All,
      i am working on problem to simulate of Digital Radio over fiber with NG-PON2, RF signal (let say 5 GHz(twice of transmitted RF signal)) is detected and finally want to up-convert this 10GHz electrical signal.

attached is an example of RoF you can start with it and adapt it based on your requirements.

good luck,
      Mohamed Abouseif

Al Akbar
      Participant

i’m sorry sir but can you send again your file because the files is broken , i can’t open your files
      description “A name class occured between a system parameter and a user parameter in subsystem CW Laser’ The user parameter was renamed to Param1 In only your scripts you must manually rename to Param1” please..

here u go.

best of luck
      Mohamed Abouseif

Al Akbar
      Participant

thank you sir, but can i ask for help to simulate digital radio over fiber(DROF) because DROF require ADC and DAC process

Al Akbar
      Participant

What I want to ask is, is it possible to build a WDM-PON system with bit rate 40Gbps and integrated with RoF?

It is hard to answer, it is a research question!
      I think go ahead and try it, my advice is to start from solid point where you know the results then proceed with high bit rate!

Hope that helps you proceed

thanks
      Mohamed Abouseif

Al Akbar
      Participant

I’m confused to do the simulation with the optisystem following the journal I’m raising for my research

Attachments:

It is really not clear to me why you are confused without starting.
      I had a look to the reference you sent. I think all block diagrams in Fig. 2 and Fig.3 are available in OptiSystem.
      so, my advice to you is to start with building the circuit shown in Fig.2 without ADC/DAC check the design, analyse and verify the results. Then go with Digital components, step-by-step.

Al Akbar
      Participant

oke mr.Mohamed A. A. Abouseif thank you very much, I will try to simulate it first, if I am confused again I will ask for your enlightenment again

Al Akbar
      Participant

excuse me, i want to ask you mr.Abouseif whether the simulation I made about DROF is correct

Attachments:
      muhammad saqlain
      Participant

Dear,this setup is looking incorrect.100GHz sine wave signal conversion to digital using ADC and at the end DAC after LPF????.i advise you to read some basics articles of D-RoF concept.

Al Akbar
      Participant

can you give me, the article Mr.Saqlain ?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.