Home Forums SYSTEM DPQPSK system

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

i am designing a DP-QPSK WDM system with 4 channels. but i am unable to find the eye openings or get BER. in the sampl examples the given design usues only one DP-QPSK transmitter and output is measured using BER tester i dont know how to use it, whats its meaning and how to interpret results on it. kindly help me. we have purchased optisystem 13.0 recently and i am new to it . so find it difficult .

Abdallah Ismail
      Participant

There is a BER test set that generate a stream of data and receive it where it compares the generated with the received.
      In case of using DSP to compensate the dispersion, Eye diagram will not give you reasonable results.

gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

i have used direct detection i mean after DP=-QPSK receiver i use 3r generator and directly connect BER and eze diagram analyzer. and i am geting good results i mean Q factor of 11 . and clear eze opening. i saw this from one of the sample files for QPSK and applied it. does this imlpz wrong result . i need to understand implication of analzying these results against coherent detection.

Abdallah Ismail
      Participant

you can attach your file and I’ll check it tomorrow.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.