Home Forums FIBER Dither and Brillouin Scattering

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Fakhriy Hario P
      Participant

1) Dither should be uncorrelated in time, uncorrelated with the analog signal, and constant in amplitude, The dither signal can have different forms: triangular dither, sinusoidal dither, uniform, or Gaussian dither. Each presents a different attribute in the system’s performance. I have already try to dither signal output from MZM modulator and I give it some Gaussian pulse modulator optic and generate it from Pseudorandom bits and some Bias Optic…after that both of signal mix using subtractor optic, but amplitude of mixed signal has been increase and bandwidth fixed, based on statement it’s not match. Somebody help me to give advice of this case….. Note : CW laser 5 dBm..with two MZM modulator, Gaussian Pulse Optic Modulator Power 5 dBm, Bias Optic 0.1 and linewidth 0.1 MHz.

2)Narrow linewidth lasers (e.g. less than 10 MHz wide), often used in conjunction with external modulators, can have SBS thresholds of +4 to +6 dBm at 1550 nm. Does it can display (in graph) Brillouin Scattering Threshold in Optisystem… case on single fiber.. many thanks

any help would be appreciated, thanks…..

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Hi Fakhriy, I have tried many times to simulate Brillouin effects on OptiSystem but it really rakes a long time and I always gave up.
      I have been told that the next version will simulate Brillouin in a much more efficient (and fast!) way, so when it will be available I hope to be able to answer to your second question!

Best Regards,

Alessandro

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.