Home Forums SYSTEM Dispersion Q factor range

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

hello everyone . i been trying to simulate the FBG dispersion compensation and anytime i run the Eye diagram analyzer to get me Q factor it showing different numbers. is that how it works or something is wrong with my system ? meanwhile i want to make sure my bit rate are 10Gb/s please enlighten me from where i can check ?
      appreciate y’all help

Hi Abdikarim,

The effects of noise are present in various components like the optical fiber and amplifier. Because the noise has an element of randomness to it, that will cause some variation in your Q factor every time you simulate. As for checking the bit rate you can double click an empty area in the work-space and the layout parameters window will open up. In the layout parameters you can find and edit bit rate.

Best,
      Josh

Attachments:

thank you joshua ! appreciate your clear answer . meanwhile i have other question if you able to help me out , is it possible to change the optical amplifier to EDFA in this system , if so the optical amplifier in this system is having a gain of 10dB and noise figure of 4dB how to set that parameters on EDFA amplifier.

thanks !

under default/amplifiers library/optical you can find the edfa amplifier. you will have to adjust the various properties to acheive a gain of 10db. If you press help you will find the equations that you will need to use. Solving Equation 1, Equation 2, and Equation 3 under stationary conditions allows you to determine the amplifier performance features. to make it simpler you can also use the edfa black box. the edfa black box allows you to simply choose the value of gain, power, etc instead of having to perform the calculations that would be required if you used the edfa.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.