Home Forums SYSTEM dispersion parameter profile

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      mohammed hosni
      Participant

please help me to get the dispersion parameter values for different types of polymer fibers also their different sellmeier coffients .
      please i need this information for my master degree study.
      the different types of polymer fibers are CYTOP,PC,PS,PCS.
      THANKS

MHD NA
      Participant

Hi mohammed hosni;
      I think the feature of choosing different types of optical fiber not available in optisystem, so you should have known the dispersion values of the wanted fiber types before, then you put these values in the parameter “Dispersion” in optical fiber parameters.

alistu
        Participant

Thank you Mohammad. If I have understood Mohammed’s problem correctly, I think he is actually looking for the dispersion values information of the polymer fibers he has mentioned in his question. So he is not necessarily looking for those fibers, which are not there in Optisystem files as you have pointed out.

gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

Mohammad answer is right. you need to know ZDWL, dispersion value and compute dispersion slope S from second and third order dispersion parameters.
      You may also need to change effective area and attenuation values for each type of fiber.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Thank you gaganpreet for your reply.Basically hosni needs the specific values of dispersion that used in fibers he has mentioned.Implementation of these fibers in optisystem is not a question here.i have tried to find these fibers but found other specifications like core size,na,ref. Index etc.but couldnt find values of dispersion.i think you have to check ITU mannual to get the values or specification from some company which manufactute these fibers.

alistu
      Participant

Hi Mohammed,

Why don’t you mail the companies making these fibers and ask for help, stating which information you are looking for? You’ll most probably be addressed to the relevant datasheets. I searched for and went through one CYTOP datasheet and even though it seemed to be containing all characteristics (mechanical, optical, physical), I couldn’t find what you have asked for. So I think it’s a good idea to ask for it directly.

mohammed hosni
      Participant

thank you my friends,i will explain in brief what i want to do :
      1- using matlab to select the best of the mentioned polymer fiber and my calculations depend on sellmeier equation which indicate the relationship between the index of refraction and wavelength.
      i have a missing parameter value called dispersion profile value which depend on the derivative of absolute index difference with respect to wavelength so i need the value of this parameter for the mentioned polymer fibers .
      2-after choosing the best i will design this fiber using optifiber.
      3-then i will use optisystem for my model.
      so i need the values of dispersion profile parameter values for different types of polymer fibers also their different sellmeier coefficients .
      thank you again for responding to me
      i need your help as soon as possible.

alistu
        Participant

Thank you for further explanations and clarifications. Since your problem is with the first step and I assume you have made a lot of search besides asking for help in here and haven’t found what you’d been looking for, I think it would increase your chance of getting your answers to contact a company that manufactures these fibers while forum members try to help.

BTW, is by chance the type of information provided on sixth page of the attached datasheet of any use to you?

Attachments:
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.