Home Forums SYSTEM dispersion manaual caculation

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      vignes
      Participant

dear team,

i have collected the various effective mode index for some range of wavelength.. and also data is extracted , now i need to calculate the dispersion coefficient to plot the graph (D vs wvaelength), kindly let me know about that calculation

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Vignes, are you trying to calculate dispersion for SMF (material, waveguide, profile) or MMF?

vignes
      Participant

dear ravil,

kindly let me know for all things but nw i want to calculate material and waveguide dispersion

Damian Marek
      Participant

It is straightforward to calculate D once you have B2. First convert the modal index to the propagation constant following the equation outlined by Abdallah:

Modal index

Then using a finite difference to approximate the second derivative you can calculate B2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finite_difference

Cheers

vignes
        Participant

dear damian ,

thank to u , i got that exactly lets cheer up and happy new year

Ravil
      Participant

Dear Vignes,

Simple explanation about material and waveguide dispersion calculation is given in attached book. Please, let me know if you have any questions.

Ravil
      Participant

Sorry, can attach it due to large size but here is the name
      “Optoelectronics-and-Photonics-Principles-and-Practices-S-O-Kasap-Prentice-Hall-2001”
      you can find it online…

vignes
        Participant

dear ravil,

thank to u, i will refer that, happy new year ravil

vignes
      Participant

dear all,

can any one give the demo of beta2 calculation or code to plot the dispersion curve vs wavelength for my generated effective mode index

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.