Home Forums SYSTEM DISPERSION COMPENSATION WITH DCF

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Subhajit Chatterjee
      Participant

Please can someone do this in optisystem? please send me the file in subhajitc8@gmail.com,it is urgent..

gherbi mohamed
      Participant

hello,
      i find many examples fot this topic in the optiwave website, you can look in. i give you an example of dispersion compensation attached.
      good luck

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Hi shubajit,you cam make this by your on by simply use two optisystem samples
      Go to samples>WDM system>8 channel WDM system
      For dispersion compensation you can go to
      samples>dispersion compensation,PRE POS and SYmmetric
      use these two samples and will able to make your system

Subhajit Chatterjee
      Participant

#Abhishek where can I find this link samples-wdm system..

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Here’s the link!

16 Channel WDM System Design

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

If u are searching for offline samples –
      Goto C:\program file/optisystem software\optisystem \ samples \ dispersion compensation\ pre post symmetric

Subhajit Chatterjee
      Participant

thnx

Ashu verma
      Participant

Sir i have to calculate four wave mixing.how to calculate it

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Sam Sung,

For your question, I would recommend the book of G. Agrawal “Nonlinear Fiber Optics”. You can find the equations for four wave mixing in chapter 10 of this book.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hi Ravil
      My concern is,if i am transmitting two signals from different channels,then i get two more side channels with low poer than signal power,this is FWM ,am i right????
      So how to calculate the FWM power from OSA.I have tried it with markers ,but could not find any accurate values.
      Is there any method to measure this?
      I have to plot a graph b/q input power and FWM power.
      Guys help me please

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Hi,Samsung you can check FWM validation from optisystem samples.I am also agree with ravil .

Ashu verma
      Participant

Thank you Abhishek
      i have checked the samples and found there is only example of FWM .Why they did not used any data?
      In example only FWM signals present,But my question is how to calculate exact value of FWM power,because i want to draw a graph between input power and FWM power.Is there any visualizer to do this measurement.Please help me over this

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Sam Sung,

You are right about you concern. In general, there is a combination of three channels in FWM which gives parasitic response in other frequencies. However, two channels (as you are explaining) can mix together and cause the same effect as well which is called degenerate FWM. You should be able to calculate your FWM effects knowing FWM power and your channel frequencies. Can you, please, attach the graphs you are working with, so I can better understand your approach and help you?

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hi Ravil,these are my approx values.I just wanted to know ,how to calculate exact values of new generated values.I want to plot graph b/w Pin and FWM.
      Pin FWM power
      -10 -80
      0 -76
      10 -70
      15 -66
      20 -56

And please tell me how to calculate graphs in OpTISYSTEM.Is there any programme in matlab to do this???

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.