Home Forums GENERAL Dispersion Compensation Using FBG

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Nghia Nguyen
      Participant

I’m doing with WDM system and I need to make dispersion compensation using FBG on fiber before signal go into DEMUX. But I dont know how to work with Ideal Dispersion Compensation FBG. Anyone could give me some recommendation. Thanks for helping me!

Ahmad Atieh

Hello Nghia,
      You may use the “ideal Dispersion Compensation FBG” component in OptiSystem after or before the fiber depending on your design to compensate the DWDM signal. You need to make sure that the “Bandwidth” parameter of the FBG includes all DWDM channels. After the compensation you place the DEMUX to separate the DWDM channels and detect each separately.
      There is an example on post compensation in OptiSystem example library at
      C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\Documents\OptiSystem 15.2 Samples\Dispersion compensation\

Regards,
      Ahmad

Nghia Nguyen
      Participant

Hi Ahmad,
      Here is my design. But I’m still not sure about how many “Ideal Dispersion Compensation FBG” I have to use and their parameter suitable with my design. Could you give me more details.

Ahmad Atieh

I’ve noticed that you are using positive dispersion instead of negative dispersion that is needed to allow compensation. Also, I’ve noticed that the bandwidth of FBG is much smaller than the DWDM channels. You need to make sure that the FBG bandwidth contains the DWDM channels.

regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.