Home Forums SYSTEM dispersion compensate

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      san lymit
      Participant

Dear,

I wonder that when we compensate the optical fiber by using DCF. Does the length of DCF include in the total length of the fiber. For Example, we use 100Km for signal mode fiber and 20Km DCF. So the total length is 120Km, right?

Best regards,

San

alistu
      Participant

Hi San,

The length of the dispersion compensating fiber is also included in the overall channel length indeed, even though the DCF is used to help fighting channel dispersion (yet sometimes it is mentioned that the DCF has been used in a system, for example a passive optical network, or not to achieve a mentioned reach).

Regards

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

I would not say that. DCF is used “outside” the real span reach (tipically in a premplifier mid-stage), so the system budget should not take into account the DCF amount.

+1
      san lymit
      Participant

Thank you!

san lymit
      Participant

I can’t open ieeexplore link.How can I open it?

alistu
        Participant

There should be no problem opening the given link as I examined it again by clicking on it and managed to open it. However, you should either be an IEEE member to be able to download the .PDF file or you should buy it. Unfortunately, I cannot upload the file or send it due to copyright issues.

alistu
      Participant

Hi San,

In case you have problem having access to the above file to see my point, you can refer to other papers such as “1.05 Tb/s optical-OFDM using RoF over 3600 km” by Almasoudi just as examples where the DCF is considered in the length of the channel. You can find the paper by searching in google.

Regards

san lymit
      Participant

Thank you,Alistu!

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome San.

Regards

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.