Home Forums SYSTEM Direct-Detection OFDM Example

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Hi everybody,
      Can anyone tell me based on which literature the example on DD-OFDM in Optisystem is designed? If there is any paper known to you which matches this simulation, please share the name of the paper and the writer. I really need to know how the designed system works. I don’t want to go through component descriptions in the help section.
      Thank you.

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi gokul boro,
      so far as literature survey is concerned you can do it by your self . how ever i can attach the sample file of Direct-Detection OFDM QAM here for your convenience. this file will from opti saample 14 / 13.
      with regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

here is file

Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Thanks for the reply Mr. Aasif.
      I have done the literature survey and found some literature which at some points seem to be matching to the sample design. But I am not sure enough and that’s the reason why I asked if someone knows about the reference.

alistu
        Participant

Hi Gokul,

I suggest you contact Optiwave via mail and ask them this question. Otherwise, since this is a prototype system, you can most probably find it in William Shieh’s book “OFDM for Optical Communications” when various forms of DDO-OFDM are presented. I work on CO-OFDM, but remember reading about DDO-OFDM in the aforementioned.

Regards

Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Sorry Mr. Asif I couldn’t find any attached file.

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi gokul
      i have attached file, it was because of network pronblem
      with regards

Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Thank you Mr. Aasif but the file you have attached is with everyone who is using optisystem. Similarly I too had it. Please do share if you have anything that is not in the example files.
      Thanks.

Hi Gokul

Please go through the different sample files provided by the forum on OFDM modulation/demodulation.
      Check the subsystems if any used in the reciever design for Direct Detection.
      I hope it helps

Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Gokul boro,
      It is very hard to say the exact paper which has been referred to implement the DD-OFDM in optisystem. One more important thing i would like to mention here is that it is not necessary it has been taken from a paper because being a research scholar you know we do not give our implementation design done on software rather we represent it by a block diagram.

regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

Hi Gokul, Aabid is correct that these sample are not an exact implementation of any specific research paper, you can find related paper and going for searching the exact implementation is just a waste of time. In some of the example the optiwave designers have partly given of the system design. Thanking you.

Regards,
        Dhiman

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi Dhiman,
      I second you on that. In the Optisystem sample files just a part of the system design is given and rightly so.
      Thank you

alistu
        Participant

Hi Aabid,

I agree that most (but not probably all) of the OptiSystem samples are not the exact same simulation of a design proposed in a paper, but it is interesting to know that some of them have been implemented by the people who have offered the corresponding system design. I remember Damian saying these people kindly agreed to cooperate with OptiSystem to implement their system as a prototype.

Regards

Aabid Baba
          Participant

Hi Alistu,
          I was totally unaware of the fact that it has been already mentioned on the forum regarding implementation of the system designs with consent of the people. it would have been more helpful for the users on the forum who have access to the sample files if it would have been mentioned from which paper the design has been taken as inquired by Gokul Boro. On the optiwave tutorial links you find references mentioned at the bottom but when you check the paper the implementation is not there.

Regards

alistu
          Participant

Hi Aabid,

I also agree this could be really helpful to know about it. And as for the papers implemented, I have also observed what you are mentioning. Again, I think in those cases only a prototype of the system introduced in those papers has been implemented, thinking this would be enough for users to implement their own designs making changes.

Regards

Aabid Baba
          Participant

Hi Alistu,
          Yeah true that. They have just implemented the prototypes of the designs and left it for the users to make necessary changes for their system requirements. But anyway it too helps a lot be it a prototype or just a single module of your system design present in the sample files. Gokul was looking for the paper from which DD-OFDM has been implemented but i don’t think he would be able to find it in any paper.

Regards

alistu
          Participant

Hi Aabid,

That’s right. I have also faced the difficulty Gokul is facing, interestingly when I was working with DDO-OFDM. I have also had difficulty solving other members’ problems regarding this issue in various topics even though optical OFDM is one of my own research interests. I am looking forward to all examples being addressed to make OptiSystem samples even more useful.

Regards

Aabid Baba
          Participant

hi Alistu,
          Speaking of problems in finding required sample files i could still find no sample for some part of my research interest. I am working on security aspect of optical networks. I am not able to figure out how do i implement that even though most of the components i require are already in the library but i am not able to map it how do i do it. I have started a topic on that too. If you wish to have a look please follow the link.

Optical Intrusion Detection

Regards

alistu
          Participant

Indeed I will ook into it. As you have rightly asked, I will continue the discussion regarding that in the corresponding page so as to avoid irrelevant discussion in this forum page.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

You are most welcome Aabid, and want to add that these samples works as base blocks in the design of system in terms of parameters and some other aspects.

Regards

Aabid Baba
          Participant

Yes Dhiman i agree. Taking the parameters and other characteristics of these samples in account , it helps to move forward with our work.
          anyway Thanks.
          regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Sure thank you very much for your kind efforts.

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome.

Regards

Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Thank you everyone for replying. I would like to request Mr. Alistu to let me know whether he has found any paper on the example of DDO-OFDM.
      Thank you.

alistu
        Participant

Hi Gokul,

There are many papers on this issue, but since I thought you needed some basic information regarding these systems so as to be able to change the parameters of the system for a specific desired configuration, I suggested going through the book I introduced. If i see a paper with basic explanations, I will address it here.

Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

you are welcome gokul

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Gokul,

I am attaching osd file of ofdm pon

Attachments:
        alistu
        Participant

Hi Ranjeet,

Thank you for the upload. I would be grateful if you tell us based on what paper you have implemented the attached OFDM passive optical network. Also any other sources that would explain on what basis the direct detection optical OFDM works (including books or tutorials) are highly appreciated.

Regards

Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Thanks to everyone once again for replying to this topic.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.