Home Forums SYSTEM Digitized Radio Over Fiber

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      muhammad saqlain
      Participant

Hi,I am PhD student.now-a-days,I am working on transmission of digitized signal(Millimeter wave) over fiber.My query is about the possibility of analog to digital conversion on the transmitter side without using matlab component and similarly on the receiver side,the back conversion to analog again.In a one line”ADC and DAC without using matlab component”.I look forward for healthy discussion.

Regards,
      Saqlain

there are built in component that can do this conversion, you do not need to write your own matlab code.
      they are called
      “Analog to Digital”

“Digital to Analog”

hope that helps,
      thanks
      Mohamed Abouseif

muhammad saqlain
      Participant

Thank you Mohammed A.A for reply.Actually,i have Optisystem 7.0,and there is no such components like ADC and DAC.can you please tell me which version of optisystem has “ADC and DAC components” and can we get it for free?.I would be happy to listen from you again.

Regards,
      Muhammad Saqlain

It is OptiSystem 15,
      you can use the trial version for one month for free.

best of luck

muhammad saqlain
      Participant

Thank you so much.

muhammad saqlain
      Participant

Dear Mohamed A. A. Abouseif,i hope you are doing well.I downloaded the optisystem 15 trial version but could not find the ADC and DAC components.Can you guide me where i can find “ADC and DAC” in components library.
      Looking forward to listen from you.

Regards,
      Muhammad Saqlain

Dear Muhammad,
      they are called digital to analog and analog to digital in the evaluation version.

thanks
      Mohamed

muhammad saqlain
      Participant

Ok let me check it.Thanks

dear Mr.Mohamed A. A. Abouseif and Mr. Muhammad saqlain,
      can you explain to me about how to use the analog to digital / digital to analog tools? i mean, do you just connect it from the electrical signal source or it has to connect to other component first or something like that?
      im working on my final project about digitized rof. your answers might help me so much.
      thanks

muhammad saqlain
      Participant

Dear Zulfiqar,i still have not started work on digitization.I will start simulation in few days and will be in better position to explain you the use of ADC and DAC components in simulation.

Also, there are two examples of using ADC and DAC.
      DP-16 QAM example with ADC.osc
      DP-16 QAM example with DAC.osc

these two examples might help!!

thanks
      Mohamed Abouseif

Thanks a lot to all of u sir. I will try with the examples and hope it will work.
      Good luck to both of you too!!

Best of luck Sandy

Mohamed Abouseif

Al Akbar
      Participant

can you give me sample .osd for DROF sir

what do u mean by DROF?

Al Akbar
      Participant

to simualte Digital Radio over fiber system, with optisystem 15

muhammad saqlain
      Participant

Dear mohamed,i have a few questions about D-RoF.1)digitization of 5GHz RF signal and data rate of 5 Gb/s (simple NRZ encoding technique)requires sample rate ???
      2) simulation setup is sequential,start with 1.RF signal (5GHz,amplitude=1,bias and phase=0) followed by ADC (sampling rate > 10GHz,resolution =4-8 bits.Data stream of 5Gb/s is mapped on NRZ signal genrator and this moudule connected to Directly modulated laser.Move on,output of ADC and directly modulated laser is connected to MZM followed by PIN diode,DAC (same specifications like ADC),LPF and BER analyzer.
      2)i couldn’t find a BER or even a acceptable eye diagram.
      Looking forward to constructive outcome discussion.
      Regards,
      Muhammad Saqlain

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.