Digitized Radio Over Fiber

Profile Photo
(joined January 2018)
Participant

Hi,I am PhD student.now-a-days,I am working on transmission of digitized signal(Millimeter wave) over fiber.My query is about the possibility of analog to digital conversion on the transmitter side without using matlab component and similarly on the receiver side,the back conversion to analog again.In a one line”ADC and DAC without using matlab component”.I look forward for healthy discussion.

Regards,
Saqlain

Responses (4):

Profile Photo
    muhammad saqlain
    Participant

Hi,I am PhD student.now-a-days,I am working on transmission of digitized signal(Millimeter wave) over fiber.My query is about the possibility of analog to digital conversion on the transmitter side without using matlab component and similarly on the receiver side,the back conversion to analog again.In a one line”ADC and DAC without using matlab component”.I look forward for healthy discussion.

Regards,
    Saqlain

there are built in component that can do this conversion, you do not need to write your own matlab code.
    they are called
    “Analog to Digital”

“Digital to Analog”

hope that helps,
    thanks
    Mohamed Abouseif

Profile Photo
    muhammad saqlain
    Participant

Thank you Mohammed A.A for reply.Actually,i have Optisystem 7.0,and there is no such components like ADC and DAC.can you please tell me which version of optisystem has “ADC and DAC components” and can we get it for free?.I would be happy to listen from you again.

Regards,
    Muhammad Saqlain

It is OptiSystem 15,
    you can use the trial version for one month for free.

best of luck

Profile Photo
    muhammad saqlain
    Participant

Thank you so much.

Login You must be logged in to reply to this topic.