Home Forums SYSTEM Digital back propagation

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

Hello everybody,do we have the possibilty of implementing DBP ( digital backpropagation) using optisystem. usal way we have to use a virtual fiber with attenuation,non-linearity and dispersion values negative or opposite to used for smf transmission fiber . but optisystem does not allow to assign values out of normal range so implementing DBP is not possible . but then how do we take the way out there must be some method for optical back propagation in optisystem for sure

alistu
      Participant

Hi Gaganpreet,

Are you sure the values needed for optical fiber characteristics such as dispersion and nonlinearity in order to implement digital back propagation work are out of the allowed range? It would be great if you attach a document containing the aforementioned values. Thank you.

Regards

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hi Gagan
      I somehow agree with statement given above.What value you wish to change?you can design a fiber in optifiber if you do not get such values in optisystem..however i am not sure to suggest unless you attach some paper.you can analyze back propagation using sBS effect ,but i thing that is used more in sensing applications.

gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

i need to change attenuation, dispersion and gamma. dispersion is ok but negative values of attenuation and gamma are not accepted. kindly find attached the paper

alistu
        Participant

Hi Gaganpreet,

As for what you have mentioned about the negative values of fiber attenuation not being possible to choose in Optisystem, I would like to know if it is possible that you use the optical amplifiers and set the amplification value the same as fiber negative attenuation magnitude (since the negative attenuation must mean amplification)?

gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

attached file

Attachments:
      gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

Hi alistu you are saying perfectly right we can have negative attenuation effect by equivalent amplifier but DBP is used for dispersion and non-linearities. attenuation negation will just compenstae for attenuation losses not dispersion and gamma( non-linear eefects)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.