Home Forums SYSTEM Different SNR value for same parameters

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      love kumar
      Participant

hi all

i am simulationg a simple system file attached herewith.

when i simulate this system for same parameters a different value of SNR i am obtaining. i am not getting why this is happening . please suggest the modification in the system an reason behind this problem.

Thanks in advance

Attachments:
      Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi Love kumar,
      It can be because of random seed thing. you should double click on every component you have used in your design especially the active components , you may see a simulation tab namely random , click on that and untick the generate seed option. It will definitely make your results stable. I hope you find it helpful.

Attachments:
      ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

hi love kumar…
      i also agree with aabid baba.
      It is due to randomness of some of the components like cw laser, PBRS, fiber , PIN or APD. The simple way to reduce it is to untick the random seed of these components in there parameter window.
      Hope that your problem gets solved..

Aabid Baba
        Participant

Hi zulkarnain,
        It also can be because of some other parameters as well but mainly the instability is due to enabling the “generate random seed” parameter in the simulation layout of the component especially active components as you mentioned above as far as i know. Anyways , its good he got stable results and that is what was his requirement. Cheers!
        Regards

love kumar
      Participant

thanks aabid baba for your support ..its working perfectly .. i just disabled all the random seed for all the component i know i getting a stable value. thanks again ..:)

Aabid Baba
        Participant

Hello kumar,
        You are welcome. It feels good to help someone and learn new things here. Its because of this forum and the discussions here i have gained some knowledge about the tool. Although i am also a rookie here but there is a lot of difference now. here you learn about different components , their applications and their parameters.
        its just a beginning. Anyways let us learn and share.

regards

love kumar
      Participant

thanks Zulkarnain .. i checked it .. n its working perfectly .. now i am getting a fixed value for SNR 🙂

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

You are most welcum Mr Kumar

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.