Home Forums FDTD Difference between 32-bit and 64-bit FDTD

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Chi Xiong
      Participant

Hi, I am trying out the free 32-bit FDTD. Is there any difference between the free version and the 64-bit version beyond that the 32-bit is core-limited and much slower..? Thanks!

Luis Acevedo
      Participant

There are differences

3D CAD
      Faster FDTD multicore processor for 64 bits for large simulations

Aurelien Duval
      Participant

Hi, you can find a comparison table and some highlights of differences on the following webpage:

Advantages of 64-bit FDTD

Luis Acevedo
      Participant

Hello

yeah, i just explained in general terms the advantages

thanks for the link

regards Luis

Samuel Sandoval
      Participant

The link shared by Aurelien Duval provides a comprehensive technical comparison of the two versions of FDTD.

I can furthermore add an important detail that wasn’t included in that link: Any work you do with the 32-bit version will not be compatible with the 64-bit version, and vice versa.

Therefore, I would review the details in that link to decide which version suits your needs before starting the modeling process.

WAQAR AKHTAR
      Participant

The most important difference between these two simulator types is the memory limitation imposed on 32-bit simulators. All the 32-bit applications may utilize up to 2GB-4GB of memory for its purposes, dependent on the operating system.

WAQAR AKHTAR
      Participant

the main difference between the 32-bit and 64-bit simulations is that 64-bit simulators are capable of processing much larger designs. Due to the amount of data volume processed and generated by 64-bit simulators, the approach to the simulation result handling has changed.

Luis Acevedo
      Participant

Thanks for the extensive information

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.