Home Forums SYSTEM Detuning Voltage

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Prarthana Kashyap
      Participant

Hi everyone,
      While studying many research paper, I came across some graphs plotted using Detuning voltage vs received local oscillator power, I want to know in details what is detuning voltage how to set it or how can we calculate it in optisystem.

Regards

alistu
      Participant

Hi Prarthana,

Can you please introduce the paper you are referring to? In some systems like the ones with coherent reveivers, transmitter and receiver lasers must have the same frequency. If their frequencies are not set the same, the difference is referred to as “detuning”. However, I haven’t heard of voltage detuning.

Regards

Prarthana Kashyap
      Participant

Hi Alistu, I have attached herewith the paper pdf. At the 4th page the various detuning graphs are shown please go through them. How to find those graphs. Thanks.

Regards,
      Prarthana

Prarthana Kashyap
      Participant

Here is the attachment.

Regards

Attachments:
        alistu
        Participant

Here, the Mach-Zehnder modulator should be biased at the quadrature point, and the detuning voltage refers to the voltage difference between the bias voltage that is used and the quadrature bias voltage. For example, 0.1 v detuning voltage means the used voltage for MZM bias differs 0.1 volt from the MZM DC bias voltage for quadrature point.

Regards

Prarthana Kashyap
          Participant

Hi Alistu, I have seen in many example that the the bias voltage are give as one positive and one negative, so is this the same case of that one, if so the how much voltage should I apply. Thanks for your response.

Regards

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.