Home Forums SYSTEM designing a system using self phase modulation and AWG.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ashiq hussain
      Participant

sir i am attaching some screenshots with this mail. Fig 1 shows the setup i am working on in optisystem. i went through the webinar recently provided on self phase modulation . i am trying to use the concept of self phase modulation and broaden the signal . fig 2 shows the ‘self phase modulated signal ‘ or with large spectrum. after this , the signal is given to AWG , with proper spacing the output from port 1 is shown in fig 3 , giving 8 wavelengths. the output from port 1 is given to demux . these demultiplexed signals are used to modulate the signals and are sent through the fiber for long distance. as shown in fig 1 the signal is received at the output end. the problem is i am getting a better eye diagram i.e acceptable BER and eye diagram.how could i improve my results. sir please look into it. i am attatching figures in comments. thank you sir .

Attachments:
      ashiq hussain
      Participant
      Edson KK
      Participant

I am not very sure of what you want to do exactly, but from what i suspected, you want to implement spectrum slicing based on the super continuum principle due to self phase modulation. In this regard the idea is to slice equally the broadened pulse due to SPM. Further from your layout, I am not sure but I suspect you want to implement Spectrum slicing WDM.

If that be the case, then try the following:
      1: The frequency of the OGPG should be the same as that of the AWG, MUX, and deMUX
      2: The first AWG should be a slicer, that separates various slices
      3: This is immediately followed by data modulation
      4: The ES MUX can now multiplex the modulated slicies
      5: Transmit in the optical fiber

Similarly at the receiving end, your deMUX should be set at the same frequency as the OGPG, AWG and MUX. just take note of the frequency spacing in order to extract exact slices.
      One more point with WDM, you will also have to play around with the bandwidth of the MUX and deMUX to arrive at the one which will give you stisfactory results.

Goood luck, all the best

ashiq hussain
      Participant

thank you EDSON. i ll come to you again if i need some help.

ashiq hussain
      Participant

actually i am trying to design a transmitter using AWG and self phase modulated signal

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.