Home Forums SYSTEM Design of a Niquist-filtered 100 Gbps PM-DQPSK (DP-DQPSK) transmitter

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      xiaoyong chen
      Participant

Hello everyone,

I have a problem in design of a Niquist-filtered 100 Gbps PM-DQPSK transmitter. I tried to use the optical raised-cosine filter to shape pulse of the generated PM-DQPSK signal, but it failed. I also tried to use the electrical raised-cosine filter to shape the driven NRZ signal, then to generate narrowband (25GHz) optical PM-DQPSK signal, but it failed either. Is there someone can tell me how to design a Niquist-filtered 100 Gbps PM-DQPSK transmitter? Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hello,

I fixed up your project and got it working there was problems with the transmitter!

Be careful when copying components from example files into a new project, because sometimes they will be referencing parameters that might not exist in your layout. For example I had to add a layout parameter called “rolloff” to your project so that the M-ARY Raised Cosine Pulse Generator would give reasonable results.

Moreover, careful consideration of the biasing and driving of MZM’s is needed. I added an electrical gain and bias to the inputs so I could copy close values from the example file. Then I played with the gain until I got good results. It is also possible to modify the gain and bias inside the parameters of the MZM, but I prefer explicitly setting the gain and bias before and only changing the Vpi of the MZM.

Regards

xiaoyong chen
        Participant

Dear Damian,

Thank you very much for your help. Now the program works and I have successfully changed the bit-rate to 100 Gbps.

Thank you!

xiaoyong chen
        Participant

Hi Damian,

Sorry for bothering you again. I have another question about Nyquist-filtered QPSK signal. In the last file you attached to me the Q-factor of the Nyquist-filtered QPSK is only 7, is it possible to improve the Q-factor to more than 10? Thank you!

Best regards,
        Chen

xiaoyong chen
      Participant

Dear Damian,

Thank you very much for your help. Now the program works and I have successfully changed the bit-rate to 100 Gbps.

Thank you!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.