Home Forums SYSTEM Demultiplexing of the OTDM Signal using Optical Clock

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      muhammad jawad
      Participant

Dear All
      Hope you all will be fine.
      I need to know how to implement the demultiplexing of an optical time division multiplexed (OTDM) signal at receiver/PIN detector by optical clock using optisystem 7 or 16 version???I am attaching a paper where the OTDM signal is demultiplexed by optical clock using VPI Photonics software.Please look at this and comment.
      I will be obliged
      Regards

Attachments:
      Ahmad Atieh

Dear Muhammad,
      You need to make sure that the pulses from different signals fit within single bit period by delaying each stream with partial bit period. Then, the demultiplexing is done in an opposite way by adding a compliment to the delay to have one full bit period for each stream.

Regards,
      Ahmad

muhammad jawad
      Participant

Dear Sir Ahmad
      Thanks for reply

I understood but one thing need further clarification. what is the role of Clock Pulses?How much will be the data rates of each clock pulse?

muhammad jawad
      Participant

If PRBS is set at 10Gbps with Probability checked, then what will be selection of clock at DEMUX side?

Ahmad Atieh

Please note that the clock for the demodulator for each path is running at the same rate of that path. In the example of OptiSystem all paths have the same rate and their clock is the same at 10G.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

muhammad jawad
      Participant

ok sir thanks for everything

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.