Home Forums FDTD Defining the electrode

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Regarding to the new technologies and old one would you please put the option for electrodes in FDTD?(like BPM) seriously I wish to have this option and I do not want to go for any other software’s, please do something about it, thanks.

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Mohammad,

To be clear you want the ability to have an electrically controlled dielectric constant through the electro-optic effect?

The exact thing that I want to do is connecting my waveguide to electricity i this simulation like BPM and on the other hand I would be happy to have the option to open my BPM files in the FDTD. 🙂

Damian Marek
      Participant

Do you have a schematic or article of your desired simulation? Parts of it may be possible for simulation by splitting up the domain into an OptiBPM and OptiFDTD problem.

schematic that I am dealing with is easy, it is splitter, just Y shape. would you please describe more? I wish bpm and FDTD some how combine some features together one day!!!! many thanks

Ravil
      Participant

I share the same wish/advice

Mubarak Ali
      Participant

Hi..

Is there any option to define electrodes in optiFDTD. My requirement is to control my photonic device using electric field. I have done it in optiBPM. Furthe I want to do it in optiFDTD. Please share the possibility of doing same in optiFDTD. Thanks in advance…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.