Home Forums SYSTEM decoder

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Prarthana Kashyap
      Participant

Hi everyone, I am not getting which decoder should I use for different modulation scheme such as QAM, QPSK etc. I need to know if the same can be used for the differential one. i went through many examples that are available in the samples folder and in the advanced modulation examples, most of them are using the psk decoder. I am little bit confused.

Thanks

alistu
      Participant

Hi Prarthana,

You’d better simply use the decoding scheme according to the coding scheme you have used (although 4-PSK and 4-QAM are the same modulation). I think if you explain more about about your own case and address the examples you are referring to in OptiSystem samples, I would understand your problem better and may help you more.

Regards

Prarthana Kashyap
      Participant

I need to be clear, suppose we are using four modulation schemes such as PSK, QPSK, DPSK, DQPSK so my question is for all the four modulation I have mentioned here the decoder will be same or different because all of them are phase shift keying only so can we use psk decoder for all the four.

Regards

+1
        alistu
        Participant

For PSK and QPSK, you can use the PSK coder and decoder. And for DPSK and DQPSK coding schemes you should use the DPSK coder and decoder in the OptiSystem library. In the OptiSystem sample files in the advanced modulations category also you can see the same procedure has been taken.

Regards

Prarthana Kashyap
          Participant

Oh thank you Alistu, Now I am littlebit clear about this, Your help is really encouraging. Hope to get more help in future.

Regards

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.