Home Forums SYSTEM Decision component

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi all,
      I am designing a full duplex system for ROF link, Here I am using differential Quaternary Phase Shift Keying (DQPSK). I want to implement here DSP followed by Decision component where we have to select modulation format. Will it give efficient result if we select QPSK format or i have to design manually for the same.

Regards

alistu
      Participant

Hi Dhiman,

Can you please elaborate more on the word “efficient” you have used and also explain what you mean by “designing manually for the same” if you think this further explanations might be helpful to me? I haven’t fully understood why you are hesitant in using the decision component and that’s why I am asking this. Thank you.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Alistu,

Efficient here means accuracy in decision..

Design manually means the for differential one will it be the same as QPSK.

Regards

alistu
        Participant

What I have perceived is that the decision component somehow normalizes the signals and makes them suitable for the decoder you want to use. It doesn’t decode the signal by itself. You can see the decision component having the same number of outputs as the inputs, which correspond to both in-phase and quadrature signals.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Oh that means it does nothing on the modulating or base-band signal.

Regards.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.