Home Forums FIBER dcf

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      vignes
      Participant

dear damian,

yes u are right , ( transmission fiber + dispersion compensation fiber) for that are we need to match the dispersion slope of tx fiber to the dcf if so how to calculate the dispersion slope for the dcf

Roman Ibragimov
      Participant

You can get any value for DCF. but try to use casual parameters according with G.651-655

Heitor Galvao
        Participant

Good afternoon, you can provide me with that stuff?

Roman Ibragimov
          Participant

No problem. So smf fiber. I usually use next parameters for simulation
          Attenuation 0.19 – 0.21 dB/km (depend from fiber band)
          Cd dispersion 18 ps/nm/km
          Dispersion slope 0.075
          Actually, at the moment i cant remember core radius and gamma for smf

Heitor, you can get other way. Open fiber block and import preset for fiber (in library i saw 10 presets for fiber). It should be more accuracy for simulation. But if you wanna use manual parameters please let me know about in the morning). I will send for you something stuff

Heitor Galvao
          Participant

Thank you very much for your help, I need to read more about, in case the effective area would be of 30 um ² for example?
          If you have a good material about could share please

Roman Ibragimov
          Participant

Are u sure that it smf/dsf fiber with 30 mkm2 ?
          I mean smf fiber have effective area like 80mkm2. Dsf fiber have 72 mkm2. Maybe you talk about some advanced fiber for telecom? Probability, Its special type of fiber. Or maybe its MCF fiber? Although, i not sure that its true.

Heitor Galvao
          Participant

This value of area of 30 move DFC, 80 to SMF, values that are used

Heitor Galvao
          Participant

Thanks for the correction, what types of special fibers would those be?
          Define MCF please is a variation of DCF and SMF?

Roman Ibragimov
          Participant

Nope. Its multicore fiber. Its very popular fiber for investigations. In one fiber we have 8 fibers:)

Heitor Galvao
          Participant

excellent, I didn’t know

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Vignes, you can model DCF slope based on ITU-T rec. given above (which are in common use for telecom) and G. Sup-39 if you’re looking for some specific model for your application.

Damian Marek
        Participant

Congrats on your 1000 points Ravil! Thanks for contributing regularly to the community forum and helping out other users here.

Regards

Heitor Galvao
        Participant

Good afternoon RAVIL, can you supply me this material? Want to better understand the parameters of the DCF.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.