Home Forums GENERAL CUT OFF FREQUENCY

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      umer ashraf wani
      Participant

Each channel is transmitting 5 GB/s data rate in downstream separated by 0.8nm (100GHz) channel
      spacing with 1.8GHz filter bandwidth. here what is meant by ”1.8GHz ”

Duy Le Nguyen
      Participant

Hi umer!
      Did you mean the bandwidth of the bandpass filter in WDM Mux and Demux blocks?

umer ashraf wani
      Participant

the abstract of the paper goes like this
      We successfully demonstrate 40 GB/s 8 channels’ DenseWavelength DivisionMultiplexing (DWDM) over free space optical (FSO)
      communication system. Each channel is transmitting 5 GB/s data rate in downstream separated by 0.8nm (100GHz) channel
      spacing with 1.8GHz filter bandwidth. DWDM over FSO communication system is very effective in providing high data rate
      transmission with very low bit error rate (BER). The maximum reach of designed system is 4000m without any compensation
      scheme. The simulation work reports minimum BER for Return-to-Zero (RZ) modulation format at different channels 1, 4, and
      8 are found to be 2.32

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Umer,
      As far as your query is concerned i will go with what Duy Le has mentioned. There has been lot of confusion over this but i strongly believe that it is the bandwidth of the bandpass filters in WDM MUX and DEMUX. Still if you feel that it is different from what i have understood then please fell free to share the information. It will be very useful. Thanking you.
      Regards

umer ashraf wani
      Participant

thank u abid

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello,

You are welcome Umer.
      All the best

Regards

Hello Umer,

As far as the cut off frequency is concerned it is related to the bandwidth which indeed is associated with the filters of the multiplexer or demultiplexer as mentioned by other forum members.
      I hope this may help.

Regards

Burhan

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.