Home Forums SYSTEM crosstalk in DWDM system

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      love kumar
      Participant

hi all..

can any one tell me how we can measure crosstalk for DWDM system iin optisystem 14 version ..

A particular signal can accumulate cross-talk from different elements and channels over the network. Cross-talk can be reduced by using several techniques such as wavelength dilation or filter cascading. In this example, we will investigate the effect of interchannel cross-talk at ADM to a ring network. The project is found in the Interchannel crosstalk at ADM in a ring network.osd file. This network contains 4 nodes that communicate over two channels at 193 THz and 193.1 THz. The bit rate is 10 Gbps. ADMs at each node is modeled by using WDM add and WDM drop components. WDM add and drop components are created by using 4th order Bessel filters. The ring is ended with a ring control component which can circulate the signals around ring for a given number of times. The distance between nodes is 12.5 km and we inserted an ideal amplifier just before node 2 to compensate for the total fiber loss in the ring. Dispersion and nonlinear effects of fibers are disabled to isolate the crosstalk effect.
      check the Link this may help you.

Interchannel Crosstalk in Metro Networks

Thanks

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Love Kumar,
      As far as your query is concerned i don’t think there is a way to calculate the crosstalk directly in optisystem. As such i have not found any component in the optisystem component library that could be used to measure crosstalk of any system that we design here. However, there are certain .osd files where there is mentioned something regarding crosstalk in a design. As mentioned by Hamza Ali Abbas Khan , you can refer to the link where there is a WDM ring architecture which you may find useful . For your convenience i will repost the link below. Try to refer to it and i hope you will get some idea about it.

Interchannel Crosstalk in Metro Networks

Regards

umer ashraf wani
      Participant

there is transfer of power from one channel to another. use spectrum analyzer before and after optical fiber

love kumar
      Participant

hi all thanks for your concerns and devoting tour time to solve me issue .. i agree with all ho you no direct method is there to measure the crosstalk in opti system .. do anyone aware about mathematical relation of signal power and crosstalk for DWDM system … it will be very helpful for me

love kumar
      Participant

hi rajguru. thanks for your reply.. i want to trace a graphs for BER vs Crosstalk .. is it possible in optisystem are some other technique is required for doing is task ..

umer ashraf wani
      Participant

use spectrum analyzer and analyze side slopes after the fiber
      umer ashraf

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.