Home Forums SYSTEM Cross section of doped Fiber components

Cross section of doped Fiber components

Profile Photo
(joined September 2018)
Participant

Hello,

Optisystem provides the cross section file of the ytterbium doped fiber beginning from about 850nm to 1200nm. What I need is a cross section file (absorption and emission spectra) at the whole range from 0 nm until 1200 nm for Ytterbium and Erbium. Is it possible to get provided from Optiwave with this cross section file?

Please answer me as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Ebraheem

Responses (3):

Profile Photo
    Ebraheem
    Participant

Hello,

Optisystem provides the cross section file of the ytterbium doped fiber beginning from about 850nm to 1200nm. What I need is a cross section file (absorption and emission spectra) at the whole range from 0 nm until 1200 nm for Ytterbium and Erbium. Is it possible to get provided from Optiwave with this cross section file?

Please answer me as soon as possible.

Best regards,
    Ebraheem

Profile Photo
    Ahmad Atieh
    Participant

Hello Ebraheem,
    please refer to the attached reference that provides absorption and emission spectra for many doped fibers. You can extract the needed spectrum.

Regards,
    Ahmad

Profile Photo
    Ebraheem
    Participant

Dear Ahmad,

thank you a lot for your answer.

Do I need to insert the absorption and emission spectra (matrix-form) for each material-doped fiber, for example:
    I wanna use a Pr-doped fiber. Is it enough to insert a .dat-file with the absorption properties of Pr (matrix with two columns representing wavelength and absorption)? Or does Optisystem need a dat-file with a matrix of three columns, respresenting wavelength, absorption and emission?

I hope my question is clear to understand.
    Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
    Ebraheem

Profile Photo
    Ahmad Atieh
    Participant

Dear Ebraheem,
    You need to follow the data structure of the component required by OptiSystem. That can be found in the data sheet. Attached is an image to show the structure for Pr+3 doped fiber.
    regards,
    Ahmad

Login You must be logged in to reply to this topic.