Home Forums SYSTEM Cross section of doped Fiber components

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Ebraheem
      Participant

Hello,

Optisystem provides the cross section file of the ytterbium doped fiber beginning from about 850nm to 1200nm. What I need is a cross section file (absorption and emission spectra) at the whole range from 0 nm until 1200 nm for Ytterbium and Erbium. Is it possible to get provided from Optiwave with this cross section file?

Please answer me as soon as possible.

Best regards,
      Ebraheem

Ahmad Atieh

Hello Ebraheem,
      please refer to the attached reference that provides absorption and emission spectra for many doped fibers. You can extract the needed spectrum.

Regards,
      Ahmad

Ebraheem
      Participant

Dear Ahmad,

thank you a lot for your answer.

Do I need to insert the absorption and emission spectra (matrix-form) for each material-doped fiber, for example:
      I wanna use a Pr-doped fiber. Is it enough to insert a .dat-file with the absorption properties of Pr (matrix with two columns representing wavelength and absorption)? Or does Optisystem need a dat-file with a matrix of three columns, respresenting wavelength, absorption and emission?

I hope my question is clear to understand.
      Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
      Ebraheem

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Ebraheem,
      You need to follow the data structure of the component required by OptiSystem. That can be found in the data sheet. Attached is an image to show the structure for Pr+3 doped fiber.
      regards,
      Ahmad

Ebraheem
      Participant

Dear Ahmad,

thank you for your response.

I am intending to insert a cross-section file for absorption and emission for each xx-doped fiber component in Optisystem.
      1. Is a special data type required for Optisystem or will it work when I insert a .txt file?
      2. When I have the absorption cross section e.g. from 0-500nm and the emission cross section in the range from 600-1000nm, will it work in Optisystem? Or do I need the absorption and emission cross sections to be in the same range e.g.
      – absorption cross section e.g. from 0-500nm and also the emission cross section from 0-500nm ?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
      Ebraheem

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Ebraheem,
      1. you need to follow the data structure needed in terms of number of columns. The file extension xxx.txt is ok
      2. Typically, the absorption spectrum differs from the emission spectrum for doped fibers. OptiSystem accepts whatever spectrum you enter. However, results will be wrong if you enter the wrong data of the spectra.

Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.