Home Forums FDTD Cover a cylindrical nano-pillar with a thin biolayer

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Good afternoon,

I would like to simulate a structure composed by a cylindrical pillar totally covered with a thin biolayer. How can I do this in a way that avoids the mixture of the two cylinders?
      I’m sending the structure that I drew in attached, I think that the two cylinders are mixed.
      Could someone help me?

Best regards,

Miguel Simões Rosa

Instituto Superior Técnico, Universidade de Lisboa

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

You did it the proper way. If you are ever unsure use the 3D Refractive Index Viewer in the tab below. This viewer takes 2D slices of the 3D geometry and displays the refractive index the simulator will use. I took an X-Z slice offset to 0.3 um to capture the middle of the cylinders.

The only comment I have is that perhaps you also wanted the biolayer to cap the end of the center cylinder, which it currently does not. Take a look at the screenshot attached.

Regards

Attachments:

Good afternoon,

Thanks very much for the help! So the program always assume that the user doesn’t want to mixture the layers, isn’t it?
      Yes I wanted to do that, what I did was to cover the top of the pillar with another cylinder made of biolayer, is it the better approach?

My final structure is in attached,

Regards!

Attachments:
        Damian Marek
        Participant

The different indices will never “mix”, the meshing generator will take the object that comes first in the list to override the index of refraction of any objects higher on the list. Naturally you can change the positions of the objects on the list to change which object is overwriting others.

Regards

Good afternoon,

Ok thanks very much for the help!

Best regards

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.