Home Forums GENERAL cost analysis of network

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

suppose i designed a two types of optical coomunication networks and i want to compare them on the basis the cost analysis.

IS there any ways i can do it one optiwave , because i have seen in components COSTparameter is present there.

how can we anyway do the cost analysis of the network.

with regards

prakash jat
      Participant

goood idea

Aabid Baba
      Participant

hello asif,
      It is a good idea to go for the cost analysis of two system designs and i believe it is bright perspective of research . Somewhere down the line it is ultimately the cost that is an important factor for the implementation of a design.
      In some papers i have seen the cost analysis done on component basis and that would be the case here too.
      I would like to do the same for my project work at the end and i would appreciate any suggestions.
      regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi all,

yeah i also have seen many of the papers having cost analysis and comparison of networks on basis of cost.

also optiwave components have the cost as the one of parameters. for convenience i am uploading a pic ,

some please suggest how to use it.

with regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

here is the pic

Attachments:
      Aabid Baba
      Participant

hi asif,
      I think we should mail optiwave customer support regarding this.
      If you notice the cost can be changed manually and we can put up any random value for the cost but what actually maters is the cost of component as per some standard. We cannot take random values unless and until someone suggests something.

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi aabid,

i also think sooo,because they themselves has added cost as one of the parameter for each components in there software.
      there must be some logic behind that.

thanks for reply

with regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Yeah putting cost factor for each component must be having some sort of significance. Better for us if we try to figure it out.
      It is very useful in any project going for cost analysis. It all together adds another dimension to your research work. Hope we get it right and configured soon.
      The best thing we can about it right now is to ask optiwave people.

hi all.
      i would also wish to know the same. I too have to do cost analysis for my system. I would be grateful if someone guides how to do the cost analysis of any system. I also want to know if we need mathematical models for this?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.