Home Forums SYSTEM Cosimulation Matlab -Optisystem

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      MONTCHO Marlise
      Participant

Hello,
      I need your help.
      I use for my simulation two matlab component as described in the file below. Firstly, I transmit data from matlab to optisystem. I do some analysis on the data and then I bring them back to matlab to complete the analysis.
      My problem is this: I manage to correctly send the data from matlab to optisystem, but I find that my simulation does not come at the second matlab component. For proof, my second matlab component has two OutPort but the workspace still shows me a single output (component maltab 1) after simulation.
      Can you help me recover my data from optisystem to matlab . I’ve read all the documents on the co-simulation matlab-optisystem. Thank you for your help

Attachments:
      MONTCHO Marlise
      Participant

i complete with matlab files

Attachments:
        Damian Marek
        Participant

I found one or two errors with the m file and component.

1) If a component in OptiSystem is missing a connection to one of its inputs it will not create any output. Either connect a binary null to the receiver component or get rid of the input for now.

2) In the m file you reference the parameterized and noise signals, which do not exist in that particular signal, which gives an error. I simply deleted them to get it working but you could write some type of conditional statement.

Cheers!

MONTCHO Marlise
      Participant

Hello
      Thank you Damian for your reply. I deleted the unnecessary connection and I got my exit
      I calculate my error rate in matlab as I generate my data there. But unfortunately, I get a very high rate (greater than 0.50). But when I connect directly the two matlab components (by removing the diodes, fiber and photodiode), I find 0 as error rates what is good because i don’t introduce any noise. How can I reduce my error rates or what explains this high rate? Thank you for your help

Damian Marek
        Participant

From your project it seems like the length of fiber is pretty short and the sources of noise/distortion very low. I would expect a very good BER perhaps your transmitter/receiver combo is not optimized?

Regards

wafa mehrez
      Participant

Hi marlise,

I have seen your work and it seems that can help me in my work so can you help me and sent to me you project working because i have some problems with co-simulation matlab optiwave. Thank you.

Govind Shukla
      Participant

when i am using the emettuer.m code file in my project i am getting error “OutputPort1.Sampled.Signal=InputPort2.Sampled.Signal.*data_transmiss;” for this line as matrix dimension must agree. can anybody solve my problem

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.