Home Forums FDTD Core/Shell nanoparticle model

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Hoang Hung
      Participant

Hi,
      I’m new to FDTD and currently I’m working on a Core/Shell nanoparticle model like in attached file.
      I’m using Gold (Au) as material for the Core, and Copper (I) Oxide (Cu2O) for the Shell. Both of them are Lorentz-Drude models. Inside the core there’s a hollow that is made of water with n=1.33, and the sphere is surrounded by water also.
      I want to simulate SPR on this model but everytime it shows me “No valid data” on ObservationPoint graph.
      Can anyone help me checked the model if it was wrong or not, and if it was, please correct it.
      Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
      Scott Newman

Hello Hoang,
      The fundamental problem with your design file is that the LD models you are using are incorrect and do not reproduce acceptable distributions based on the literature data. These incorrect models result in a divergent simulation. I have previously provided you with properly fit LD models for both Au and Cu2O materials when you contacted us through the support@optiwave.com, I have reattached them here in a zip file. If you use these material fits you will not have the “No valid data” error.

There are additional concerns you should be aware of with your design.

• The Cu2O model is based on data covering a wavelength range of 2.5um – 55um. Your source wavelength is set to 0.7um which would result in extrapolation for the model which is not advisable for a Lorentz-Drude fit. You should find a data set for Cu2O that includes your desired operating wavelength
      Attachments:
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.