Home Forums SYSTEM Conversion of Optisystem Component into MATLAB Code

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Sanjeev kumar
      Participant

kindly let me knowthe steps to get matlab code for a particular components like BPSK modulator. how can we express its functioning in terms of matalb code.

HELLO SANJEEV
      What i understand from ur query is that you want to develop a code for a modulator and use it in optisystem..is it??
      Well if so for that you can refer to the following link where an QPSK modulator is developed in MATLAB…Although we are not allowed here for posting links from other sites but your convenience i am posting one…I hope u will get some idea about writing a code for a modulator..
      http://in.mathworks.com/help/comm/examples/qpsk-transmitter-and-receiver-1.html
      Thanks and regards

Sanjeev kumar
      Participant

Sir i think i have done some mistake in query i want to ask about the optisystem to matlab code for any optisystem component. the link u messaged is only about the matlab code. nothing is there with the optisystem data.

HI SANJEEV
      Well if you see it revolves around the same thing..Any optisystem component is a coded thing and i am not sure if they are using MATLAB or any other programming tool to design components in Optisystem..If you ask me to design some component in Optisystem which is not present in Optisystem i will definitely prefer MATLAB because we have interfacing available here…and as far as getting MATLAB code for an optisystem component is same as developing a MATLAB code for that component…I hope u understand..
      Thanks and regards
      Fayiqa

Sanjeev kumar
      Participant

Sir i just want to know how to write a matlab code for optisystem e.g. can u write a simple matlab code for PRBS generator what steps u will use or how u will create m file from optisystem component.

HELLO SANJEEV
      I am attaching a link for the same..It contains a MATLAB code and various productive comments from various members who have put it properly…you will definitely get an idea how to compile a code for any component and interface it with Optisystem…

log-normal channel in FSO

please refer to the link and i hope it will help you to some extent.
      Thanks and regards

Also follow this link..it will guide you how basic interface and MATLAB code is written for a component.. It is a video on optiwave website and It is about designing a binary switch using a MATLAB code..and then interfacing that module with optisystem..For further you can refer to the optiwave tutorials on this.

Matlab Binary Switch

i hope it will give a slight idea and help you in getting your desired component.
      Thanks and regards

MHD NA
      Participant

Any optisystem component is a coded thing and i am not sure if they are using MATLAB or any other programming tool to design components in Optisystem..If you ask me to design some component in Optisystem which is not present in Optisystem i will definitely prefer MATLAB because we have interfacing available here…and as far as getting MATLAB code for an optisystem component is same as developing a MATLAB code for that component

HI MHD..
        I think you have copy pasted the above comment which i have posted..you could have simply written that you agree or disagree..i don’t think it was necessary to copy paste the whole comment…anyways discussions are always welcomed..
        Thanks and regards

Sanjeev kumar
      Participant

Sir i have not satisfied with your answer. please tell me how can i check the matlab code for any optisystem component. suppose i have BPSK components now what i should have to do to check its internal matlab code.

HI SANJEEV KUMAR..
      I think you are not trying to understand my point..what i am trying to say is that you have to write a code rather than getting it..and if you are talking about getting code of already developed components then its hard to get anywhere ( even if it is Matlab).. You can’t get it unless and until you write it…nobody will put the code online..I hope u got my point..
      Thanks and regards

Sanjeev kumar
      Participant

suppose i want to create a optisystem component whose input is binary and output is electrical then what should i need to do to define?. there is no such example available in the forum as where as i checked… also let me know that Matlab component is not having user parameter tab under component properties in optisystem 13.0 where we can define the parameters for optisystem matlab component.

here i am posting a link of a post where there has been some discussion about using Matlab code in optisystem…it is a simple code and i hope u get an idea from this and work accordingly as per your requirment…

matlab co simulation

Thanks and regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Sanjeev Kumar,

Indeed i also came across the link posted by fayiqa,about using the Matlab code in opti system… Try going through the link… Hope it helps..

Regards

Sahil Singh

i am also attaching few links which could be helpful to you because these can serve your purpose..it also contains a video how to set up a Matlab module and interface it…i hope this time around u get some idea..

how to export the data from optisystem to matlab

Matlab Binary Switch

Thanks and regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Fayiqa,

Indeed the video on interfacing is very helpful…. Thanks fir your Valuable time and efforts…

Regards

Sahil Singh

Sanjeev kumar
      Participant

Sir, i am still a bit confused as the matter is that i am going to create a matlab component whose input is PRBS generator and output is CPFSK then how i can define the input and output ports as here OutputPort1 = InputPort1 would not work due to different type of input and output signal. how can i define InputPort1 here.

Manoj Kumar
      Participant

HELLO SANJEEV

What i understand from ur query is that you want to develop a code for a modulator and use it in optisystem..is it??
      Well if so for that you can refer to the following link where an QPSK modulator is developed in MATLAB…Although we are not allowed here for posting links from other sites but your convenience i am posting one…I hope u will get some idea about writing a code for a modulator..

Thanks and regards

Manoj Kumar
      Participant

HELLO SANJEEV
      Thanks and regards

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.