Home Forums SYSTEM Controller loop

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Nikhila Ragipindi
      Participant

Hi,

I would like to build a control loop. I want an output of 3V at the electrical adder. I am giving an input of 1V. MATLAB components acts as a comparator. It compares the adder output to 3. If it is less than 3, it keeps on adding 1V at the other input(MATLAB component output) of adder. If the adder output is 3, the other input will be maintained at same voltage. It basically has to act as a controller loop. Please let me know how to achieve this. I am attaching the .osd file and MATLAB component in a zipped folder.

Thank you,
      Nikhila

Attachments:
      Ahmad Atieh

Dear Nikhila,
      you need to make the control loop inside the Matlab component by modifying the code to allow checking the input voltage and compare it to 3 or you could make the check within a range of 3 (between 2.99 and 3.01 for example), if it is less than three (or the range) you add (some value; could be a fraction of 1) and if it is larger than 3 you subtract (some value; again could be fraction of 1 like 0.1). once you match the value of the loop inside the Matlab component to 3 or the range, you stop and use the value to be added to the input of the adder as shown in the attached figure. please contact me at ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com if you’d like to discuss further.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Nikhila Ragipindi
      Participant

Dear Ahmad,

Thanks for looking into it. Actually I am working on a bias controller for Mach Zehnder Modulator. The question I asked is a simpler version of the problem I am looking at. MATLAB component has to take output from the adder and verify whether its less than 3 or not. Then provide the required amount of voltage to the ‘adder input’ as a controller loop. I am attaching the block diagram of how the loop has to be.
      The problem I am facing is how to run the circuitry in loop. How can we adjust the circuit to take at least 2 loops.

Thank you,
      Nikhila

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.