Home Forums SYSTEM Consultation about the ASE and the resolution bandwidth of RF spectrum analyzer

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Liu Ling
      Participant

1. In order to set the resolution bandwidth of the RF spectrum analyzer in OptiSystem, I clicked the “Resolution Bandwidth” as shown in attachment. But it does’t work. I want to get more data points and set the resolution bandwidth of the RF spectrum analyzer to be higher. What should I do?
      2. For an optical signal at InputPort1, the following structure is launched in the workspace:
      InputPort1
      TypeSignal Optical
      Sampled [ struct ]
      Parameterized [ struct ]
      Noise [ struct ]
      IndividualSample [ struct ]
      Channels [ channels array ]
      In order to obtain broadband light sourse as ” Sampled [ struct ]” by using ASE from EDFA in Optisystem, “Convert noise bins” of the EDFA is chose, but nothing can be observed in “Sapled” window of the optical spectrum analyzer. How to solve this problem?

Looking forward to your help!

Ahmad Atieh

Hello Liu,
      1. The “Resolution Bandwidth” setting in the RF Spectrum Analyzer (or optical spectrum analyzer) acts similarly to the actual instrument. It behaves like a filter to clean the received signal by filtering high noise out of it.
      On the other hand, to increase the number of samples in the signal, you need to go to the main project layout, where you need to increase the number of samples per bit.
      You need to be careful with the resolution bandwidth setting to avoid creating distortion to your signal.

2. Please refer to the description of signal types and structure in OptiSystem documentation.

Typically, you need noise pins in the setting to view ASE noise of EDFA. Parametric signals will not show ASE. It represent the signal as a single valued sample.

Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.